THE PRINCIPLE OF THE VASCULAR LASER
The vascular laser is a technique that has been medically validated and mastered for about twenty years. Our centre is equipped with 5 lasers covering all indications for vascular treatment.
YAG TECHNOLOGY - PULSED DYE
The Centre is equipped with two vascular lasers because there is a laser for each type of blood vessel pathology.
THE TARGET STRUCTURE:
Each laser has a treatment target. When we talk about laser hair removal, the target is the pigmentation of the hair.
The vascular laser targets the blood in the blood vessel.
VASCULAR LASER INDICATIONS
It is important to understand what type of blood vessels vascular lasers can be effective on.
For this purpose, a free medical consultation is systematically carried out beforehand with a laserist doctor of the Centre. During this session, we will check if your skin does not present any contraindication to the practice of laser. An estimate and a consent will be given to you during this consultation.
The common feature of all vascular pathologies is the dilation of the blood vessels. When they are in large numbers, this becomes unsightly and uncomfortable.
There are different pathologies of the blood vessel:
- Erythrosis: diffuse redness of the face increased by climatic variations, temperature changes, certain foods. This redness may be permanent or occur in the form of puffs called flushes. In an erythrosis, one does not distinguish blood vessels but only diffuse redness.
- Couperose: well defined and permanently visible blood vessels on the face, neck and décolleté.
- Varicosities of the lower limbs: like rosacea but located on the legs.
- Ruby stains, angiomas, erythrosis coli are also treated at the Centre.
THE DIFFERENT TECHNIQUES OF VASCULAR LASERS:
The vascular laser will have the action of destroying the blood vessel through its intravascular coagulation system.
There are two modes:
- the simple coagulation mode
- The purpura mode This corresponds to the complete destruction of the vessel and is accompanied by a diffusion of blood under the skin and thus the appearance of a blue spot that disappears in a few days.
VASCULAR LASER CONTRAINDICATIONS :
We do not treat pregnant women, patients with dermatological inflammatory diseases, patients undergoing photosensitizing treatment.
VASCULAR LASER SIDE EFFECTS :
Like all medical techniques, there is no such thing as zero risk.
However, it makes the consequences of the laser known and understood according to the indications.
The laser in simple coagulation mode will have few side effects. However, redness and swelling may occur and may persist for 3 to 15 days.
The laser in purpura mode is accompanied by bruises corresponding to the destruction of the blood vessel and thus the diffusion of blood outside the vessel. It is impressive but very effective on erythrosis.
Other side effects are extremely rare (pain, tingling, rarely burns, hyper or hypo pigmentation). The very high technology used in lasers is totally safe.
COURSE OF THE VASCULAR LASER SESSIONS :
Patients at the Centre are treated only by licensed physicians. Depending on the area treated, the session therefore varies from 15 minutes to 30 minutes.
The laser center is equipped with a skin cooling system that anesthetizes the skin at the same time as the laser shots are performed. The sensitivity of the sessions is quite tolerable. At the end of the session, the laser doctor will apply a soothing cream.
Depending on the extent of the vascular lesions, 1 to 4 sessions will be necessary. There are, however, cases where the number of sessions may be higher. Maintenance sessions will certainly be necessary every year or 2 years.
The delay between each session is about 4 weeks.
In order to guarantee total safety, we would like to remind you that we do not treat patients who have been exposed to the sun or UV rays during the month prior to the session.
Sun protection is therefore mandatory after any laser treatment.
All laser treatments performed in the Centre are carried out by our team of qualified doctors. The practice of laser is a MEDICAL ACT.
- Practitioner's expertise - 7.5/10
- Home & Relationship skills - 10/10
- Equipment and cleanliness - 8/10
- Quality / Price ratio - 9/10